Tuesday 26 July 2011

Exciting weekend ahead!!

Sorry about not posting last weekend, but I was so busy!!

Went to Manchester on Saturday morning to see Batman Live at the MEN Arena. I was really just chumming Russell and didn't think I would enjoy it so much! It has been getting rave reviews and certainly lives up to them. We had a great times, had really good seats too!

Tried the Metro park and ride this time and it was much better than having to park in the town centre. Cost £4 return for the tram and it took us right to the entrance of the Arena.
Had a look round some shops in the afternoon but I have never been impressed with Manchester, 
much prefer Derby (Westfield Centre) shops. 
Stayed in on Saturday to start cleaning and tidying for my sister coming to stay next weekend, but it was so hot I didn't get a lot done. Did pop out in the afternoon to pick up a welsh dresser (pic below) that I won on eBay, and while I was at the sellers house also bought a table and a dressing table :-)  so I now have 7 items packed into the shed waiting to be transformed!!
Really excited about my sis coming to stay, first time since we moved down here nearly 3yrs ago. Planning to take her round a few pottery factory shops and possibly Dagfields, and of course....
Buffet Island.....love that place, but not great for my diet :-(

So it will be a couple of weeks before I get any more furniture up for sale, but I did finish off a nice plant stand, that I gave a couple of coats of Old White then stencilled with ivy leaves ;-)

Only about 5 weeks till we fly off to California for our road trip, so excited. Ending our  trip with 4 nights in Vegas staying at the newly refurbished Tropicana Hotel !!  Woo hoo!

and Russell has bought me tickets for my Birthday to go and see Cirque de Soliel Show "O" in Vegas, supposed to be the best show on the Strip!!!! Can you  tell that I am excited !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment