Saturday 30 July 2016

Geometric Chic !

Hooray, finally found an hour to post a new furniture painting blog and I have something new to show you that I am very excited about.........


I have had so much fun with this new project. This table is totally hand painted! Each triangle has been masked off and given 3 coats of paint. As you can imagine, this project took a lot of patience and many days waiting for paint to dry before doing the next set of triangles !!
I have been very kind to you, and have taken stage by stage pics specially for you!
Here we go!!








 I started to have second thoughts about the black when I added it, but now I LOVE it!! I have also painted a cute little retro coffee table with the same technique.....



These two table are currently in my own lounge, and I plan on doing more of these to sell. They are so effective. Looking forward to trying out lots of different colour ideas and patterns. The above tables were finished off with 3 coats of polyurethane varnish :)


I finally got round to painting the big glazed dresser that has been sitting in my workshop for nearly a year! I sold the lovely Provence dresser and it is being collected on Monday and being taken to it's new home in Surrey.
I started by painting the thin wooden strips between the glazed panels. Before when I have painted doors like this I have masked off the glass. This took ages, so this time I decided to just let the paint get onto the glass then I used a blade to scrape it off once the paint had completely dried.





This dresser is freakishly heavy, and does not split into two, which would make it very difficult for someone to collect from me, so it is now in my own kitchen, and it matches my dark grey kitchen :)


My husband has also now added a light in the top and it looks fab at night as the shelves are glass in the centre so the light passes right down to the bottom shelf.

Spent a bit longer than I expected to writing this, and still have loads more projects to show you, so best I save them for the next post when I am more awake. It is now almost midnight and time for bed.

Clock tables and bedside cabinets in the next post :)
Nitey Nite x

No comments:

Post a Comment