Sunday 12 June 2011

So Distressed!!

Well, what a weekend!! I havent even left the house!
Got the inlaws coming to stay next Friday so the big push was on to get Sandy's furniture finished. Will be nice to have our conservatory back. I have had to work in there as it has rained all weekend, and I have made a bit of a mess sanding etc, so will be nice to get it back to normal so we can eat in there again.
So .....  table sanded and has been treated to 2 applications of danish oil and it looks amazing. It will need another couple of coats to finish it off, but it looks great and I cant wait to see it back on the stand. Yesterday I painted the 2 chairs and table base with 1 coat of Versailles with a coat of Old White on top. left them to dry out overnight, then distressed with fine sandpaper and finished off with a coat of clear wax. I will take some pics once I get them all delivered, but here is one of the table top before and after


Had a nice Saturday evening. Ordered in chinese and watched a really scary horror film - Exorcismus


Hoping to go to Dagfields Crafts & Antiques Emporium next weekend with the inlaws, and maybe a car boot on Sunday if it's nice. Dagfield may have some nice knobs and handles for my furniture :-). Gardener should be coming this week to do our once a year tidy up so will be nice to be rid of all the weeds and if the weather in nice next Sunday we will have a barbecue for Father's Day. 


 Only 11 weeks till we go off on holiday so starting back at Weight Watchers on Tuesday night. My friend Kerry has lost 3 stone and she looks amazing! Even if I can lose a stone before I go I will feel much better. We are going on a road trip to California, and we are so excited about it. I will write a blog soon and tell you all about it!!



Going for a long soak in the bath now to ease my tired muscles, will be nice to have a weekend off the furniture next weekend, but the inlaws are quite hard work too!  ;-) @ Terry!!!!
 


1 comment: