Tuesday 15 May 2012

I would drive 5,000 miles!

Just a quick post as it is now Tuesday evening, I was just so busy last weekend as we drove up to Scotland on Friday evening, then drove back on Saturday evening. Still got up nice and early on Sunday and headed out to Hanley Car Boot sale. So glad we did as it was a fantastic one, and lovely weather !
Bought quite a few things at really good prices too. Found this cool shabby chic plaster mirror someone had painted in a horrible red colour.

Half painted
That's better - 2 coats of Old White

 Also bought a pretty little hand painted trinket box that was made at a local Pottery. I have it listed on eBay and it has quite a few watchers

also 2 nice old brass finger plates, now also listed on eBay

a shabby chic loo roll holder
a wooden duck with beautiful detail added in metal, and a shabby chic clock that I will use to dress my painted items
There are a few more items I bought but have not photographed yet, so will put them on soon.
On Sunday I managed to finish the big dresser I have been working on. It had horrible yellowed pine handles so I bought some reclaimed pewter ones from eBay and they look really good. I got it listed, prices it at £150 or best offer, so will let you know how it goes.
So as you can see I have been very busy, and have sold most of the items I have listed over the last couple of weeks.

I have also started a new Unique Chic facebook page where I will be listing all my before and after furniture pics, so have a look. There are quite a few Unique Chic pages, I am in Kidsgrove.
 

Picked up my Annie Sloan paint supplies from Scotland so will try out that new PURE colour soon 
Have  a great week !

No comments:

Post a Comment