Sunday 24 June 2012

June already!!

Sorry I didn't get time to Blog last weekend. Had the in laws down from Scotland and they are hard work (Ha Ha, only put that as they will read this). 

It's been a busy week at work, and I have been too tired to do any painting in the evenings. Also had to go and have my eyes tested yesterday and choose some new glasses, which I am looking forward to getting in a couple of weeks. So today is the only day this week I have managed to do any "shabby chiccing".
Painted up the big two drawer chest I bought last year on eBay. Got quite used to having this in my lounge, but decided it was time to give it a makeover. 

Painted with Annie Sloan Old White, and decided not to distress as it is quite a plain design and I think it looks better without. I put the original crystally knobs back on, and I will wax it, then dress it up as a piece of  girlie bedroom furniture. Might put a mirror on top, will see how it looks.

Also painted this nice mirror I picked up at a car boot sale. The previous owner had painted it silver and the paint was starting to chip off. Gave it 2 coats of Annie Sloan chalk paint and looks fantastic now.
 Listed it on eBay tonight

Also painted the frame of this pretty embroidered picture, and lightly distressed. Also on eBay now.
I started painting up a nice tri-fold mirror I also bought at car boot sale. It was a mahogany coloured wood, and I have painted it in Old White as I may put it with a dressing table I want to paint soon.

I was so annoyed that I didn't get to a car boot sale today. The weather forecast said heavy rain so we decided not to bother, and it was beautiful ALL day.....Grrrrrrr
The Paris Grey sideboard has still not sold yet. It was originally listed for £120, but I now have it on eBay at £90 or "best offer". I think I will just keep relisting it till the right person comes along.

I sold the small bedside cabinet this week and it was collected this evening, so I am gradually moving all the furniture I have stored in the conservatory. Then I will start on the shed full of stuff !!

10pm now. I love it being so light in the evening now, it lets me work later on a Sunday
Had new business cards printed this week too, really pleased with them as they have my email, eBay ID, blog link etc. They are great to hand out to buyers !

Have a good week
Can't believe we are half way through the year already!

1 comment:

  1. Wish you lived near us so we could get lots of awesome furniture! We still haven't even fixed up our 2nd hand coffee tables yet ;) xx

    ReplyDelete