Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend Part 2

Well. I have been really busy!
I managed to finish the sideboard I bought last weekend. I decided to try out the new Annie Sloan dark wax I bought a while back. I read some blogs on how best to use it and decided to mix it half and half with clear wax so it wouldn't go on too dark, and it has worked really well. Decided to give you a walk through with captioned photos of the transformation. Now I am just spoiling you!
Anyway here goes........ starting with the "before" pic

Previous owner has painted with gold paint

Turned upside down to paint legs etc easier

Masked off mirror as couldn't remove

Lightly distressed with medium grade sandpaper

New half & half wax applied

before and after wax easy to see here

applying wax over 2 coats of Paris Grey

Just the drawers left to do

drawers now painted. You can see the change in colour with wax

All done! Listed on eBay now

What a difference, wish I had space for it !
Not only that, but I also finished off two bedside cabinets

before
after
3 drawer cabinet
I also managed to finish one of the desks that I was painting for that local businessman I told you about. This is the desk and mirror I painted for him.

I had agreed to sell to him for £50, but I am sure I could get more than that on eBay.
I have loads of other smaller projects I have been working on too, and my conservatory looks like Dagfields....AGAIN!


Bought 2 of these nice wooden plate racks at the car boot sale last week, so have listed on eBay. They could do with a coat of paint, but are not too bad so decided just to sell them without painting.

I got some nice feedback on eBay this week from the person in New Zealand who bought the Belle Fiore trinket box from me. It arrived safely 10 days after posting and he is over the moon with it.

Well, back to work tomorrow after the lovely long Jubilee Weekend, at least there are only 3 days left

Have a great week!

















No comments:

Post a Comment