Sunday 12 May 2013

Unique Chic Workshop :0)

Well it didn't take me long to turn our nice tidy conservatory back into a workshop again!
 
 
 
I have been so busy again this week and haven't even taken a day off this week! I sold everything I listed on ebay and I am now getting emails from buyers asking for more, which is a lovely compliment :0)
 
 
 
As I told you last week I had worked my way through all the furniture I had stored in the shed. I am almost finished the lovely chunky farmhouse table and chairs, and only have the big sideboard with the Queen Anne legs left. So I went on the hunt for more things to paint. I won a nice pine corner cupboard on ebay that I am picking up tomorrow, and 2 x lovely 3 drawer chests which I got today but are still in the back of the Jeep as it's been raining heavily all afternoon. I will show you pics of them next week.

 
I got all the picture frames painted and distressed and have listed a few of them on ebay today with some weird cat pics in them.
 
 
 
So most of this week I have been working on the table and chairs. The chairs take an age to paint with all the spindles and fiddly holes, and need 2 coats of paint before distressing and waxing!
Last week at the car boot sale I picked up a brand new children's garden bench still in it's box. I wasn't too keen on the colour of it so decided to give it the shabby chic look, and I love how it has turned out. Here are the before, after and inbetween  pics!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Russell wants to keep this one. It is so unusual with the jungle animals metal plaque on the back rest. Painted in Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue, then distressed and aged slightly with a mixture of clear and dark wax. It is listed on ebay now :0( Some things are hard to let go of.
 
 
I also started work on the bedside cabinet I bought last weekend and the oval shaped mirror. I removed the broken handles on the cabinet and filled the holes. I think this one will look good with chunky pine knobs. The mirror is now masked off ready for painting this week.
 

 
The forecast was rain for today but it didn't start till lunchtime so we managed to get to the car boot sale this morning :0) Glad we did as there seemed to be a lot more furniture than usual. I managed to get this fab sideboard for £20, and just in the nick of time as just after I had paid somebody else was trying to buy it!
 
 
Picked up this little pine bedside table too, and have already made a start with a coat of Old White
 
 
 
So my shortage of furniture did not last long, and I now have plenty to keep me busy for the next couple of weeks, or until I find a job.
 
Starting to get excited too about our Summer holiday which is now only 14 weeks away! Flying out to Vegas for a week, then a week in Florida. Glad we had booked and paid before I left my job!
 
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. All looks fantastic! Could you send me your Florida dates again pls? xxx

    ReplyDelete