Wednesday 15 February 2012

Nice Long Weekend !!

Writing this midweek as I didnt have time to blog last weekend ( so busy) and I am excited about this weekend coming! It's been hectic at work with a Health & Safety Audit last week, so asked for Friday and Monday off. So a nice long 4 day weekend ahead :-)

We had a Handyman in last Saturday putting tongue and groove panelling in our bathroom to freshen it up. Turned out really nice, but I had to get some paint on it before it got damaged with the water. So undercoated on Saturday evening, then put topcoat on on Sunday. 

Didnt get my furniture started till nearly 4pm. managed to get a table waxed but light faded so the pics I took are not great. will take some new ones on Friday when I am off.


Listed a nice bedside cabinet recently and sold it on eBay within a few hours. Got a good price for it too. Another small table I listed didn't go for much, but at least I made a small profit.


I really have to stop buying more furniture on eBay. I need to sell some of the stuff I have as the house is looking like a furniture store! Hope to get a lot done this weekend and get things listed on both eBay and Folksy. The pieces painted in Annie Sloan Old White seem to be the most popular. I never did sell that little black and red table I painted last year. I also have a new Annie Sloan colour to try out - Old Violet, just not sure which piece to try it on, and I bought myself a kit to try out "crackle glaze", so lots to look forward to :-)

This chunky table below I bought from a car boot sale a few weeks ago. It looked a bit plain all white so I chose a nice wallpaper that tones in well with the Old White. Just letting it dry, then I will give it a couple of coats of wax to seal it.

I will try to update again at the weekend once I have some new stuff to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment