Monday 26 March 2012

Paint Free Weekend !

No painting this weekend as we had the in laws down from Scotland for the weekend. They also very kindly picked up my Annie Sloan paint order from Perth and brought it down for me, saves me a lot on postage. Had a great time, and a nice long walk round Dagfields on Sunday. Cracking weather too !!

Don't think I have posted for a couple of weekends so I can show you what I was working on last weekend. Well, I sold the 2 white chairs, and finished painting the 3rd one which I painted "Versailles"


Also finished off the two bedside cabinets, both painted in Old White, and both are now listed on eBay 



Lined the inside of the one above with some nice cream/gold designer paper.


The Old Violet dresser has not sold yet. The Old White pieces tend to sell really quickly, maybe because they go with any decor, but it is nice to try something different. If it doesn't sell in the next month or so I may paint it with Old White or Old Ochre ( a new Annie Sloan colour I have bought to try) and sand back so some of the violet shines through. Could look really good

I have started to hand out business postcards when people come to collect their furniture, and I have already had an enquiry for prices for painting a lady's existing furniture
So please that the clocks have gone forward, that means I might manage to start doing some work through the week after dinner. It is 7.10pm now and is still light outside, which is nice. We also have Easter in a couple of weeks and I will have Friday and Monday off so that will be a good weekend for painting. Just never enough hours at the weekend !


2012 NEW YORK/FLORIDA holiday now also fully booked, just booked our New york hotel last weekend. Flying to New York, having 3 nights there to spend some time with my son who lives there now with his girlfriend in Brooklyn. Then we fly down to Miami, pick up a rental car and drive down for 2 nights in the Florida Keys, planning a visit to an alligator park where they have airboat rides. 


 Then we drive back up for a night in Miami, then 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale on the East Coast. Then we drive across country to Naples for 1 night, then 2 in St Pete's Beach before spending our last 4 nights in Orlando, where we have booked passes for Universal Studios to visit Harry Potter ;-) and plan to hit the shops!


We are so excited, only 5 months to go!!!

Have a good week !!


No comments:

Post a Comment