Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Break??

Well, Monday evening now and it's back to work tomorrow after 4 days off for Easter. Managed to get loads done! Apart from going out for dinner on Friday evening, and popping out to Newcastle to pick up a new piece of furniture, we just stayed in. Russell did a ton of listing on eBay (free listing weekend), and I got on with the furniture. I also got 2 orders for jewellery, one of them being posted to Redondo Beach, CA tomorrow :-)  love it there!!!


So, on Friday I finished off a wee table I bought at the car boot sale last weekend. Painted in Old White and lightly distressed



I then got my sander out to sand down the top of a nice pine bedside table, but it just wasn't taking the varnish off. Turns out I didn't have the right "grit" of paper, so have had to order some on ebay. Decided just to do it by hand, and it took me ages! Felt like my arm was going to fall off, but I just wanted to get it finished before I started on my next project. Painted it in Versailles and put some fresh new handles on. It turned out really nice


I then had a bit of a tidy up before starting on a bigger project - a nice old pine dressing table I bought on ebay last year. It's nice to be working my way through all the pieces I have has stored in the shed over winter. Decided to paint this one in versailles as well, the bedside table had turned out so well in it.
Mirror took a while to clean up, there seemed to be some kind of dried up adhesive all round the edge, and I had to scrape it off. Took all the handles off too and cleaned them up.


The decorative piece on top of the mirror unfortunately broke off in transit, but it looks fine without it.
Also sold a few things this week. A lady bought one of the wicker bedside tables on ebay for £15, and when she came to pick it up she liked it so much that she bought the second one :-) I also sold a nice white chair to a friend at work, and this nice picture frame on ebay I had painted shabby chic style 


I have loads of items listed on ebay this week, including the Old Violet dresser that finishes in a couple of days, so we will see if it sells this time. If not, I will repaint it in a lighter colour. Shame though as it looks great in the violet colour

So, back to work tomorrow, but only 4 days left this week.
I also did really well not eating ANY chocolate over Easter!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment