Sunday 3 February 2013

Day Trip to The Big Smoke


Well, after my busy week OFF work, I have had a busy week AT work. Sold quite a few things on ebay this week so very pleased with that. It was Russell's Birthday this week and one of his pressies was a day trip to London. We went down by train and it only took 90mins!

Piccadilly Circus
Our train arrived at Euston Station, and we walked down in the freezing cold towards Shaftesbury Ave. Thankfully it was a nice dry day.  On Tottenham Court Rd, I discovered the biggest "Paperchase" I had ever seen! Three floors of stationery heaven, and a big section with all the Christmas stock with up to 75% off!!

Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road
Our next stop was Forbidden Planet. Russell got himself some toys with his Birthday money, and he bought me a nice Simon's Cat coaster :0)

Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue

Next we walked down Monmouth St and found the Orla Kiely shop. I was so excited to have a look round but found it a bit disappointing. Way overpriced, and nothing really that I could afford. I am lucky that Russell bought me lots of nice Orla Kiely things for Christmas including a pen, magazine file, soap, phone cover, mug, large A4 notebook. Last Christmas (2011) Russell's parents bought me lovely white stem pattern bedding, and it took me a year to actually put it on the bed!! I must stop saving things that are special, and should just get the pleasure out of them.

Downstairs in Orla Kiely
The other place I really wanted to visit was Covent Garden. It did not disappoint. Full of lovely shops, craft stalls, street entertainers and nice places to stop and rest our weary legs with a coffee. Treated myself in Crabtree & Evelyn, and bought a nice bracelet in EAST.

Covent Garden Market
Finished off with a chinese buffet dinner in Chinatown, and caught the train back at 7pm. We were so tired we were in bed by 10!! We did so much walking, but it was a great day out!

Colourful Shop in Chinatown

Promised you I would show you the chest of drawers for the spare room when I finished it, so here it is. I am not sure about the mirror yet? Might paint it, but I am really pleased with how the furniture looks.

Finished Chest of Drawers
Finished off the little swing mirror and that has just sold on ebay today, along with another pine mirror that I decided not to paint. I can sometimes make as much money not painting things.

Swing Mirror painted in Annie Sloan Old White
Decided not to do any painting today. Spent the day catching up on ebay stuff,  tidying the house up and ironing. Also planned a trip up to Scotland over Easter and got a hotel booked in Edinburgh for the second night of our trip. Diet is going well this week, loosely following Weight Watchers programme and have the app on my phone. Have a few weddings coming up, the last one being a year away when my son is getting married in New York! So excited! Determined to lose at least a stone before then so I can treat myself to a special outfit ;0)

£5.50 chair from ebay


Won this nice chair on ebay today for £5.50, and will pick up locally this week. I might try my hand at reupholstering the seat! I am sure there are plenty of "How to.." guides on youtube :0)
I have a lovely piece of material I bought about 20yrs ago at a market and will paint the chair in a coordinating colour. The material is a gold coloured Rennie Mackintosh design and I think it would be perfect for this.......I just have to find it!!!!


Going to have a nice soak in a big bubble bath now and hopefully my legs wont be aching as much tomorrow! Just goes to show me how unfit I am!
Have a great week, and hopefully I will have some more paint transformations to show you next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment