Sunday 12 January 2014

Upside Down You're Turning Me!

Well, what a whirlwind of a week we have had! A property came into our price range that was previously too expensive for us. It had been dropped by £10,000 in the space of 4 weeks, so we just had to go and see it! It is a large extended 4 bedroom detached house with a lovely back garden and conservatory. 


We viewed on Wednesday evening, and our offer was accepted on Friday :0) We are just keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes through smoothly now, and will not relax until we have the keys in our hands!

No car boot sale this morning as it was freezing cold! We decided to have a day at home, staying cosy. I carried on with the projects I started last weekend. The nice white nest of tables sold through the week, but the GRAPHITE chair is yet to sell. I painted a second coat of PROVENCE on the hall table, and will finish it off next weekend.



I have a few old mirrors in the shed so chose a nice oval one to paint with Annie Sloan Paris Grey


It has really ornately detailed  frame, and a nice chunky bevel edged mirror


I started off by masking off the edge of the mirror with masking tape. The best way to do this if you have a curve is to tear it into small pieces, as in the pic below. Any paint that does get onto the mirror can be easily scraped off, that's one of the advantages of using chalk paint.


I gave it one coat of paint, and used the brush in a stippling motion to get into all the nooks and crannies.


Once the paint has dried, I will sand it back to let some of the gold shine through. Might hang on to this one for the new house


I will show you the finished mirror next week. 

I had painted everything I had looked out of the shed last weekend, so I went down to see what else there was. I still have a set of 6 dining chairs, a further 4 chairs of different styles, a bedside cabinet, and something else right in at the back that I can't get into to see! I chose a nice pine chair and managed to get a coat of Paris Grey on before the sun started to go down (at 4pm)


Always remember to turn your project upside down first, it's too easy to miss parts if you don't ;-)


I really like it in this shade, quite Scandinavian looking. Once it has dried I will decide whether I want to add a second coat, or go for a more washed effect.


Just wish there were more daylight hours. I hate having to down tools at 4pm when there is so much more I could do. The good thing about our next house is that I will have a room inside the house for a workshop so I can paint whenever I like :0)


Finally today I would just like to wish my big sister a very Happy Birthday! She is spending it in Paris (maybe that was why I chose to use Paris Grey today?) and will be going out for a special meal tonight at one of her favourite restaurants there. 
Happy Birthday Jo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment