Sunday 12 May 2019

Busy in the Bay

Hi there !
Well what a busy weekend I have had. 
I finsihed the retro coffee table by giving it 4 coats of polyuerthane varnish in matt and it looks fab. Think I have a buyer for this one already :)

As promised, here is the update on the pine bedside cabinets which are now listed for sale.

This shade of blue is trending for bedrooms at the moment and I think it looks great. It's Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue. It covered so well I only needed one coat, with a few little touch ups here and there.

You can see how the wax deepens the colour of the paint. Some people apply with a brush, but I like to rub it in with a lint free cloth.






The original handles were so uninteresting that I switched them for some lovely genuine vintage knobs I had in my box of knobs. Yes, I do have a couple of boxes of knobs ;)




A quick trip to Homebase yesterday provided me with some wallpaper samples to use for the top of the cabinets. They don't mind you helping yourself to samples.




I ran a quick poll on the Unique Chic page on Facebook and the marble design one was the unanimous winner :)




 All finished now and listed on eBay. I will also list on Gumtree and possibly Facebook Marketplace.

Next weekend I will get to work on the cute little hexagonal side table. I think I might paint a clock design on the top of this one.

I also bought another retro table on eBay which I am picking up on Wednesday evening in Edinburgh. Another fab one to give a geometric makeover !


I am sadly selling two other geometric tables I painted last year. This fab little square one was the first one I ever did, but I have nowhere for it in my new flat.




 This second one I didn't think I would ever part with. It took me absolutely ages to paint, with so many triangles !!! Bought this gorgeous table in a little shop in Morningside, Edinburgh.

 The weather has been just lovely this weekend, and I thought you might like to see a couple of the photos I took from my flat which overlooks the Forth Estuary.








Have a great week, and I will post again next weekend.
I must try to get into a routine with this blog posting again !!




No comments:

Post a Comment